|Job title||R&D manager|
|Job description||We are currently seeking to hire a R&D manager. With an expertise in the field of organic electronics, preferably with a previous experience in the OLED industry. The candidate will be responsible for R&D guidance, planning, and assigning tasks requested by the R&D plan to the team. The candidate will oversee all the R&D activities carried out by the team, monitor progress and adjust where needed to achieve the milestones according to the R&D plan. The responsibilities of the R&D manager will include:
- Management of a multi-functional R&D team of researchers, engineers and technical staff members with activities going from the development of new organic semiconductor laser materials to the engineering of prototypes and modules.
- Providing technical guidance and assigning R&D team members to tasks requested by R&D plan. Monitoring of the progress and adjustment of the activities to achieve milestones on schedule.
- Management and review of R&D team budgets and personal targets.
- Defining and delivering KOALA Tech’s products (materials, prototypes, modules).
- Providing support to the management of KOALA Tech’s IP generation and strategy.
- Deep consciousness of orienting R&D activities for purpose of business success with continuous consideration on how to embed KOALA Tech’s products into customers’ products.
|Qualification requirements||The candidate must have an expertise in optical engineering and/or electronic engineering and/or applied physics or related studies with relevant industrial leadership in the field of OLEDs or organic electronics, and can demonstrate:
- Leadership and managerial experiences in the OLED and/or laser industry with a prior experience in coordinating efforts across an R&D team of a few to several persons.
- An excellent track record and a minimum of 5 years of R&D project management with successful and demonstrable deliveries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive approach to problem-solving, strong communication skills and proven organizational abilities.
- A Master degree or above in optical engineering or/and electronic engineering or/and applied physics or related studies
- A good knowledge of semiconductor laser devices and optical science
- An understanding of organic semiconductor materials and devices and market requirements
- A good knowledge of IP issues and the ability to contribute to our management of the IP generation and strategy.
- Fluency in Japanese
|Work location||Fukuoka, Japan|
|Payment conditions||JPY 7,500,000-8,500,000 / year (Negotiable depending on previous experience)|